The Very Last Leaves

This picture is the last of fall. I snapped it right before the leaf blower came to blow all the leaves off the grass and into the street so the street sweeper could suck them all up and take them away.
I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching the leaves blow around and skitter over the lawns, sidewalks and streets. Unfortunately, here in the neighborhood where I work they frequently clean up all the leaves blowing around and collecting in piles. The homeowners association probably doesn't want the neighborhood to look "unsightly". My thought is this: How unsightly is it to leave the leaves so that kids can play in the piles and have leaf fights! That was the one thing I always liked best about fall as a child.
Anyway, now that all the leaves are off the trees, things around here are definitely starting to look like winter. You definitely bundle up when you go out and you find yourself starting to hope for snow.
This weekend was great. I spent it with my best friend, in Oregon. She had some stamping classes to teach down in Springfield and I tagged along for company and quiet. It's been so long since we've been able to have that much time to ourselves alone! I can't believe that we talked the whole way down and the whole way back. That's like 10 hours of talking!
Well, gotta dash around before M gets home from school (it's early release because of parent teacher conferences). Until later.

0 comments:

Tracker