Fun Google Hack


Find Latitude and Longitude using Google Maps!


I was playing with ideas for an art wall in our entryway and thought it might be fun to put the latitude and longitude of our house up there for sheer geek factor. Kind of a "You are here" feature.


So, to find the Lon. and Lat of any address typed into Google maps follow these steps:


1. Type in the address and don't move the map (it won't work if you move it, it has to be centered)


2. When the map comes up and is centered (this happens by default) enter this code into your browser bar: javascript:void(prompt(",gApplication.getMap().getCenter()));


3. Hit "Enter" and you'll get a pop-up with the coordinates.


How seriously cool is that! Yes, I know I'm a geek...but my friends tell me I'm a pretty geek :-)

0 comments:

Tracker